Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 45-1 hour
Serves: 4-6 people Ingredients:
- 1 pie dough crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes
- 6-8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- scant amount of butter for greasing the pie pan
- reduced balsamic for finishing
- salt and pepper
2. Take ball of mozzarella and wring it in paper towel to remove some of the moisture. Cut slices of cheese to desired thickness and lay on paper towels for 10 minutes to draw out more moisture.
3. Roll out pie dough so it is overhanging the sides of a 9″ pie plate by an inch and a half. Imperfect is perfect.
4. Build the interior of your galette, place mozzarella slices on the bottom, then tomato slices. Beat 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Fold the dough back over the top of the galette and brush the dough with egg wash.
5. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes -1 hour