Here Are Top 5 Healthy And Safe Detox Methods By J Russell Hart
Detoxification has become a necessary part of today's bodies. We eat too much processed foods and import fruits and vegetables from other countries that do not have as many restrictions on what kinds of pesticides are used use while growing them. Detoxifying the body is a natural way to rid the body of these toxins so that the organs of our body, particularly the liver and digestive tract, work better to digest healthy foods.
What are the real benefits of detoxifying and how does it work?
A good detoxification program aids in the body's natural cleansing abilities by doing some or all of these healthy things:
Do you need to detoxify?
- ~Stimulating the liver to metabolize toxins
- ~Giving the organs a much-needed rest
- ~Giving the body healthy nutrition
- ~Improving the body's circulation
- ~Helping eliminate toxins via the kidneys, skin and gastrointestinal tract
What are the best methods for detoxifying the body?
These are ways you can begin clearing the body of toxins that aren't healthy for us. They are all generally safe when done or taken as directed, though it's always a good idea to check with your doctor before starting any detox program.
- Water fast: This involves drinking only water or water with the natural detoxifier, lemon; in order to flush out your digestive tract and help the kidneys get rid of metabolites of toxins. The gut is cleaned out of unhealthy bacteria to make room for healthy bacteria you then introduce by taking probiotics. Probiotics are healthy bacteria that can colonize the gut and create a healthier environment for your digestion.
- Juice Fast: A juice fast isn't a real fast because you are getting some calories through healthy vegetable and fruit juices. Your juice fast should contain mostly green vegetable juices as leafy greens such as kale, collard greens, and mustard greens are natural detoxifiers. Fruit can be added to enhance palatability and to help you get the most nutrition out of your juice. You can do a juice fast for several days as long as you feel good doing it.
- Gut Cleanse: The following foods can help cleanse the gut from harmful bacteria: artichokes, brown rice, fresh (organically grown) produce, beets, broccoli, chlorella, seaweed, radishes, and cabbage. Try a diet of these foods for the maximal gut cleansing. Many of these foods add bulk to the diet so that you can have regular, detoxifying stools.
- Liver Cleanse: The following herbal remedies are known to be detoxifying and have been used for millennia: burdock, milk thistle, and dandelion root. Drinking green tea helps as well.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin aids in the body's production of glutathione. Glutathione is one of the chemicals inside the liver that rids the body of toxins. Because vitamin C is water-soluble, you can't really overdose on it. Any vitamin C you don't need is flushed naturally away by the kidneys.
Do you need to detoxify?
- Adults should plan to do a detox method (or more) every year at the very least. It really shouldn't be done by breastfeeding mothers, patients with cancer or tuberculosis or children. Some symptoms you may have may be directly related to having toxins in your system. If you have any of these, consider this a good time to detox:
- Poor gut elimination
- Fatigue you cannot explain
- Skin irritations
- Menstrual irregularity
- Chronic minor infections
- Bags under the eyes
A good way to begin a healthy detoxification program is to start by eliminating coffee, alcohol, refined sugars, cigarettes and saturated fats. These will interfere with the detoxifying process. Try to use healthy, environmentally-friendly household cleansers, deodorants, toothpastes and shampoos. Natural alternatives can be found in some pharmacies or at health food stores.
Russell (Rusty) Hart is the founder of the Health, Fitness & Sport Club, a website devoted to the promotion of health, fitness and wellness. The site encompasses a wide variety of health and fitness activities including general health matters, pilates, yoga, CrossFit, treadmill training, running, kettlebell, swimming, baseball, camping, hunting, HIIT, triathlons, extreme sports, equestrian and more. Should this subject matter be of interest you can visit the HF & S Club home site where you'll find over 1,300 quality posts with new posts being published daily. To quickly access those that are of interest you can select any of 20 Categories broken down by over 260 Sub-Categories for easy access.
You can also visit visit any of the HF & S Club's four Stores all of which feature 1,000s of sports and health products at the very best prices. Access this website by going to http://www.healthfitnessandsport.com