6 Powerful Signs Your Soul Is Sleeping, Waiting To Be Awakened
Merriam-Webster defines the soul as “the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life.” It’s that part of you that drives you for life.
So having a sleeping soul is like sitting in a car with no gas, no steering wheel, and flat tires. You aren’t really going anywhere. Here’s how to determine if you’re in desperate need of a spiritual awakening.
1. Authority.People with dormant souls don’t really believe they have much reason to question authority figures or the people in charge. They trust their parents, their teachers, people who give them advice, implicitly.
Lifestyle blog Power of Positivity explains that an awakened soul“takes nothing as truth until [they’ve] looked into it and decided on it for yourself.”
2. Trends.People with awakened souls don’t just go along with what everyone thinks is cool, the music everyone likes, the ideas everyone accepts. They forge their own way.
If you find yourself following trends, your inner soul may still be sleeping. Power of Positivity elaborates, “You stand strong in your truth even if you only represent a handful of people who know what you do,” when your soul is awakened.
3. Change.People with awakened souls have accepted that change is coming whether they want it to or not, and they are ready to jump on board the change train. A dormant soul however is fairly accepting of the status quo, doesn’t see any reason for things to be changing, and accepts the change imposed onto them as completely acceptable.
Someone with an awakened soul “probably can’t understand why this world operates how it does,” according to Power of Positivity. Awakened souls are always questioning.
4. People.A dormant soul is part of the crowd, while an awakened soul is at the front of the parade. They’re leaders. And according to Power of Positivity, if your soul is awake, “you sometimes feel very alone and isolated in society, but know that most leaders do.”
It isn’t easy leading the revolution, but someone has got to do it. “Even if you take the road less traveled,” the site continues, “you feel honored to know what you do and have the fortitude to stick to your guns no matter what.”
5. Closed mind.An awakened soul has a mind that’s like a sieve, filled with many, many holes allowing new information and ideas to penetrate but not get stuck. The things you need to know will catch, and the things you don’t will push through.
A dormant soul will be entirely closed off to everything, no matter what it is. Even if that idea is something you might have actually come to agree with, you’re set in your ways, and have no plans of changing or even hearing something new.
6. Conversation.Dormant souls like engaging in conversation, but nothing too deep. You like to keep the conversation light, airy, and buoyant. But fairly awakened souls know that there are deeper things that need to be discussed.
They aren’t fans of small talk. Power of Positivity explains, “You probably tell people what they need to hear,” if your soul is awakened, “not what they want to hear.”