Bike Tours of Italy
Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Tuscany, Umbria, Sardinia...
This bike tour explores the “Heel of the Boot,” an area less traveled by most. Enjoy this easy bike tour with shorter routes that take you along picturesque fields, through ancient olive groves, and beside the sea. Here you will discover a variety of unique towns beginning with the spectacular Sassi cave dwellings of Matera, which is however located in Basilicata, the famous Alberobello, the beautiful baroque architecture of Lecce, the “White” Ostuni, the seaside village of Otranto and its castle. Each day is a new biking adventure as you immerse yourself in the sweetness of Italy.
Highlights of this Apulia bike tour
- Discover the Sassi of Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with centuries-old cave dwellings carved out of the steep rock cliffs and beautifully rugged rock churches with frescoes dating back to the 9th through 17th centuries.
- Visit the San Giuliano Lake, a peaceful natural oasis that has become the destination of many migratory birds from Africa. We suggest you take some time to enjoy bird watching — grey herons, cormorants, storks and fish hawks.
- Experience the magic of the Itria Valley and the round stone fairy-like trullo buildings in the fields as you reach the capital of trulli architecture, Alberobello.
- Bike Apulia along the breathtaking Adriatic Coast, through medieval hill towns, and among centuries-old olive groves.
- Explore Ostuni, the White town, and Lecce, the capitol of Baroque style in Apulia.
- Enjoy the charming town Otranto and the medieval mosaic in the Cathedral.
- Taste the local wines from Murgia and Salento.
- Enjoy local cuisine including fresh seafood, wonderful bread of Matera, Apulian olive oil, buttery local cheeses, and incredible pastries. Our picnics on this tour capture the food of this region.Enjoy the lovely boat ride to discover the sea grottos near Otranto