CRANBERRY, BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO CROSTINI with BALSAMIC GLAZE
1 French baguette
¼ cup olive oil
1 package quality Prosciutto
1 round of Brie cheese
1 jar Cranberry Sauce
¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Aged Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
To make balsamic glaze:
Place one cup of Balsamic Vinegar along with brown sugar in a heavy-bottom saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring frequently, until vinegar is thickened or the back of a spoon is coated. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
To assemble crostini:
Cut baguette into one-third inch slices, on a bias. Lightly coat with olive oil and bake for eight minutes at 375 degrees F until lightly toasted. Slice brie into thin strips and place on bread. Top with prosciutto and a generous teaspoon of Cranberry sauce. Sprinkle chopped walnuts, if using, and drizzle balsamic glaze over assembled crostini. Embellish with mint leaves or arugula.
Yield: About 24 sweet potato rounds
- 1 large sweet potatoes, sliced in ¼-inch rounds
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1-½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roasted and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Add all of the ingredients for the herbed ricotta to a small bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the sweet potato slices to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with grapeseed or olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and ground cinnamon over rounds. Use your hands to rub the oil and seasoning on both sides of the sweet potato rounds. Arrange rounds on a large baking sheet (or two if necessary). Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds, then bake for another 17 to 20 minutes, or until rounds are cooked through and crispy on the edges
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet. 10 minutes before the potato rounds are finished cooking, place the walnuts in the oven to roast.
- Remove sweet potato rounds and walnuts from the oven. Place walnuts on a cutting board and chop.
- Place oven on high broil setting and move the oven wrack second to the top shelf. Place a dollop of herbed ricotta on each sweet potato round and place in the oven for 2 minutes, just until ricotta is melty and warm.
- Add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to the rounds. Drizzle with honey and serve!
Martini Caprese Salad
Drizzle olive oil with a splash of Pesto