Prep time 15 mins Total time 15 mins
- 2 small yellow beets
- 1 purple carrot
- 1 yellow carrot
- 1 medium fennel
- 3 small blood oranges
- 2 tbs honey
- 3 tbs blood orange juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- pinch chili flakes
- freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- Peel the beets and carrots and slice them very thinly by hand or use a mandoline or kitchen machine with a slice function.
- You can do the same for the fennel or roughly chop it by hand. Save the greens.
- Peel and cut the blood oranges in segments. You can do this by cutting all of the skin off first and then 'free' the segments with a knife, working all the way around the orange. Make sure you catch the juices coming out, you need this for the vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, juice from the oranges, honey, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and some salt and pepper.
- 'Marinate' the vegetables in this vinaigrette.
- Dress up your plate and sprinkle some of the fennel greens and chili flakes on top.